Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Advice to Brandon

Brandon came over last night after he got back from Christmas in Nebraska. He was REALLY wound up!! He was talking up a storm and laughing - oh I love his laugh!!!

Brandon loved his gift cards which provide two very important things for him - gas for his car and food for his belly!! He was especially excited that he could eat at places other than Bueno. Not that Bueno is bad but he likes a little variety. Bueno is good but most importantly - CHEAP!!!

I told Brandon that later in life when he is married, I hope his wife gets a Christmas present like Danna got this year. Brandon asked "Gas logs?????".

I told him about my office Christmas party. Not long after we got there, I was introducing Danna to one of our managers whom she had not met before. Alisha had just recently returned from her honeymoon. Alisha told Danna it was very nice to meet her. She then told Danna that I talk about her a lot at the office. Then came the Christmas present. Alisha told Danna "He loves you so much!!"

I do hope and pray that Brandon is able to give presents like this to his wife. Even though teenagers don't often listen, you know they hear. Often, things stick in their brains and you don't even know it. We talk often about God and what he is doing in our lives. I pray that Brandon gives the same kind of present to God that I am praying for him to give to his future wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was the best Christmas ever! :o)

I LOVE YOU!!!