Friday, September 30, 2005

A Little Color On Integrity

Is integrity a black and white issue?

Are you a person of integrity or are you not?

Did you answer with caveats?

If you did, and you said it was black and white, don't caveats like white lies put color on a seemingly black and white issue?

Unfortunately, in my case, if it is a black and white issue, I am black with guilt. I try hard and think I am victorious on the big things. However, on small things, like truthfully answering my angel of a wife when she asks if something is bothering me, I am not always truthful. Is that really a small thing?

I think you can still have integrity and mess up. If God heaps grace upon us, do we have a right to label someone else or even ourselves as full of integrity or not? What does full of integrity mean? I am not condoning lying. I do think confession, acknowledgement and repentance are the key. How do we judge that? Are we to judge that?

Is integrity black and white, shades of gray and even colors of the rainbow? Yes, I think!!

1 comment:

Danna said...

WOW! This is awesome! VERY thought provoking! When I think of integrity, I tend to think of the big things. But would I say you are not a man of integrity because you don't answer your wife truthfully when she asks if something is bothering you? OF COURSE NOT! Thank you for being a man of integrity, not perfect, but trustworthy and admirable. And thank you for continually challenging me to think beyond my box. :o) I LOVE YOU!