Thursday, April 24, 2008

Renovating?

I have often been frustrated with the sense that one "arrives" . . . be that when baptized, saved, etc.

I recently got a new Bible and switched versions to the NASB. I had a list of preferences, which included "non-reference". I saw something the other day which made me grateful I had the references.

Colossians 3:10 . . . and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him--

The reference indicated a better English word for renewed was "renovated". For some reason, that really provided a great mental picture. It is a makeover, a changing, a journey. My goal is to be constantly allowing God to renovate me with the goal of that true knowledge - in his image.

Acheivable goal here on earth? I used to think no. A recent read of The Shack gave me pause when thinking of Jesus as fully human. He was fully human and allowed the renovation to bring him to that true knowledge.

I am in need of much renovation. There is a blueprint to follow!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

There's a plan?!?
Who knew?!?

Glad you can post one handed.
Love the thought that when He moves into our lives he puts in upgrades and redecorates...just have to watch the curb appeal.

(Sorry, I watch HG...but that just makes your thought more appealing;)

Lindsay said...

Amen!