Thursday, November 03, 2005

Why Do You Think God . . .

In the account of the flood, Genesis 6: 5-8, I find it interesting the description of God's feelings in verse 6.

5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

How much more intense do you think God's feelings were when He had to turn his back on Jesus when Jesus took on our sins on the cross?

Before creation, God knew he would need to send Jesus to reconcile man.

1 Peter 1:18-21 18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

I know this is a strange question but why do you think God "put himself through" the pain and grieving of making man only to see him fail and then having to give up Jesus in order to save man?

Does it intensify your understanding of God's love for you as a person? Think about the grief parents feel sometimes from their kids which they brought into the world. I bet some parents would choose differently if they actually had "do overs". God had the ability not to even worry about a "do over" yet He still chose to create me. I don't understand God. Thanks be to Him that I don't. It would be WAY TOO MUCH!!!

1 comment:

Danna said...

WOW! It's hard for me to comprehend that God loves me THAT MUCH!